Comprehensive Master Plan – Charting Our Future
In November 2016, the Glenview Park District began work on a comprehensive master plan to establish a framework for future decision making. Once the process is completed, Charting Our Future: A 10-Year Plan for the Glenview Park District will serve as our guide to providing the parks, facilities and services that best suit our residents’ needs.
HERE IS AN UPDATE ON WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR:
- 5,000 households received a mailed community survey
- 2 community open houses held for park district residents to participate in person and share their ideas
- 36 stakeholder interviews were conducted with representatives from affiliate organizations, citizen support groups and community agencies
- 897 views were reported on our online engagement portal, with 96 connections and 76 completed surveys
- 43 parks, natural areas, special use facilities were inventoried and compared with metrics from state and national benchmarks
- 10 years of projected growth in our demographics has been compiled to help us make informed decisions as we chart our future
We will be reviewing all feedback and information to develop priorities and strategies that will form the basis of our comprehensive master plan.