When you shop at the Glenview Farmers Market, you benefit from food that’s fresher and more flavorful. It’s the best food you can bring home to your family! You will meet the friendly farmers who grow the food you buy. They would love to answer your questions about how to prepare anything at their booths.
How to Use Your LINK Card at the Farmers Market
- Head to the Information Table which will have a “We accept LINK cards here” banner.
- Use your LINK Card (SNAP) to purchase as many RED $1 wooden tokens as you’d like, and you will be given a matching number of GREEN DOUBLE VALUE $1 tokens! ($25 limit per market day) Both RED and GREEN tokens will act as “cash” at the farmers’ market.
- Use both colors of tokens at any market booth that displays a Link Card sign on it.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry & fish
- Dairy products
- Maple & Honey products
- Seeds and plants that produce foods
- Jams, jellies, sauces, soups, etc.
- Baked goods: wrapped, labeled and intended for home consumption
What You CANNOT Buy with Your Tokens
- Any nonfood items such as pet foods, soaps, clothing
- Vitamins, supplements, medicines
- Hot foods
- Food intended to be eaten at the market
Option 1: You may keep unused tokens and use them next time you shop at the Glenview Farmers Market.
Option 2: Same-day refunds of unused RED (SNAP) tokens back onto your Link Card may be made at the token booth but you must have your matching green Double Value tokens to turn in as well. We can only refund RED tokens which have a matching GREEN token (up to $25). GREEN (Double Value) tokens cannot be exchanged for benefits or cash, and are only usable at the Market.
NOTE: Leftover RED and GREEN tokens will be unusable after the market’s last day of the season – October 10, 2015.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors
Thank you to Northfield Township for their help in publicizing the Link program and to our generous sponsors. The SNAP/LINK program is being made available through generous donations from anonymous donors and the following organizations: