Community Bark West
Glenview Park District’s Off-leash Dog Park
1001 Zenith Drive, Glenview
(west of Milwaukee Ave., north of Central Ave.)
Hours: 6 a.m.-9 p.m. (year round)
(Closed for maintenance Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30-11:30 a.m.)
- Park Features
- Park Usage
- Park Rules
- Purchasing a Dog Pass
- Dog Park Registration Packet
- 2016-17 Dog Park Application
- Veterinarian Verification Form
A Park Just for Our Four-legged Friends!
Take your best friend to Community Bark West, Glenview’s special place for dogs and their owners to exercise socialize and just plain have fun. This fenced 6-acre off-leash park has a separate small dog area within the larger main park and is open to dog pass purchasers only. Community Bark West also features:
- Walking paths
- Fountains for dogs and people
- Shelter for shade and inclement weather
- Swipe card entry for security
- Easy access and free parking
- Waste disposal bags and receptacles
- All dog park users must pay an annual fee, meet Cook County & Village of Glenview vaccination, health screening and licensing requirements, and sign a liability waiver to obtain a dog pass
- New memberships purchased in May or June 2016 will pay a slightly higher fee and their memberships will expire June 30, 2017.
- Dog tag and membership card must be visible while using park
- Each dog must have its own dog pass to use the park
- Access to dog park is limited to 1,000 dogs
- Dog passes are non-transferable, non-refundable
- Anyone caught allowing a non-pass holder or unregistered dog access to the dog park will have their pass revoked immediately
Community Bark West rules are listed below. These rules will be posted at the dog park entrance and dog pass purchasers will receive a written copy of park rules. Posted park rules must be adhered to at all times while using the dog park. Infraction of these rules may result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Glenview Park District is not responsible for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash area.
- All patrons will abide by the Glenview Park District “Code of Conduct”. (See Glenview Park District Policies/Behavior)
- Dogs must be healthy, fully immunized, de-wormed and must display current Park District and ID tags on their collar.
- A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- Cooperation between dog owners is expected including keeping order and enforcing dog park rules and Park District Ordinances.
- Dog park will be monitored and inspected by Glenview Park District employees and the Glenview Police.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and leaving the park. Owners must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- Collars are to be worn at all times. No pincher or spiked collars.
- Hours are from 6 am-9 pm.
- Keep your dogs in sight and never leave dogs in the park unattended.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. Dogs with a known history of, or who exhibit aggressive or dangerous behavior are prohibited. Immediately leash your dog and leave the park if aggressive behavior is observed.
- Maximum number of dogs per adult is two and both dogs must remain in the same run area with their owner. Large dogs (26 lbs. and above) are not allowed in the small run area.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the dog park. Children 12-15 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Please ask the owner’s permission before approaching their dog.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Puppies under 6 months of age are not permitted in the park.
- Immediately clean up and dispose of feces left by your dog.
- Fill any holes your dog may dig.
- Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs that are barking excessively must be removed.
- No food of any kind, including dog chews and/or rawhides, are allowed within the fenced area.
- No littering. Place all trash in receptacles.
- No bikes are allowed in the dog park.
- Climbing on or over the fence is not permitted.
- Keep your dog away from the gate while other dogs are entering and exiting the park.
- Current Cook County rabies tag must be worn on collar or harness at all times when away from your own property.
- Glenview Park District staff has the authority to close the site for maintenance, weather related problems, and special events without prior notice.
- Glenview Park District staff has the authority to remove a dog owner from the park at any time.
- In case of emergency (dog bite or unsafe behavior) immediately call 911 for assistance. All other issues please call 847-724-5670.
- The Glenview Park District is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen property.
Purchasing a Dog Park Pass
Community Bark West dog park passes are on sale to residents and nonresidents at Park Center, 2400 Chestnut Ave. You may pick up a dog pass application at Park Center or download one from this website. A separate application is required for each dog. To download a 2016-2017 Dog Park Registration packet including park rules, a 2016-2017 Dog Park Membership Application form or a Veterinarian Verification form for proof of current vaccination, click here.
A maximum of four dogs per family may be registered.
Completed dog pass applications with all required paperwork and full payment may be submitted by mail to:
Attn: Dog Pass Application
2400 Chestnut Ave., Suite P
Glenview, IL 60026
Completed applications and necessary paperwork may also be brought in person to the registration desk at Park Center during regular business hours: (M-F 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m., Sa-Su 9 a.m.-3 p.m.). Residents who have not previously registered for Glenview Park District programs will be required to provide proof of residency.
|Dog Park Pass Fees – July 1, 2016- June 30, 2017|
|Resident, first dog||$55|
|Resident, additional dogs||$30|
|Nonresident, first dog||$110|
|Nonresident, additional dogs||$60|
Additional swipe cards: $10 each
Forms of payment accepted include check, cash, Visa, Discover and MasterCard.
Dog tags and membership ID cards for registered dog park users will be mailed to applicants following review of application to assure that all requirements have been met. Anyone who already has a park district photo ID (fitness, Splash Landings, etc.) will not receive a new photo ID card. Their existing photo ID card will be activated for use in entering the dog park.
Community Bark West: Frequently Asked Questions
What if my dog’s vaccinations expire after I signed up for a dog park pass?
It is your responsibility to send updated vaccination information to: Glenview Park Center, Attn: Andrea Juricic/Dog Vaccination Information, 2400 Chestnut Avenue, Glenview, IL 60026.
Will my Park Center Health & Fitness and/or Glenview Pool ID Cards work at Community Bark West?
If you have purchased a Community Bark West dog park pass, your PCHF or Pool ID card will open the gate at Community Bark West. However, ID cards for anyone under 16 years of age will not work.
What if I do not already have an ID Card?
One ID Card and one lanyard per dog will be issued when your purchase your Community Bark West dog park pass. Additional or replacement ID cards are available for $10 each. While at Community Bark West, please wear your ID card around your neck as it must be visible at all times.
Does my dog have to wear a tag?
Each registered dog will be issued an identification tag which must be worn by the dog at all times when visiting the park.