Park Fieldhouse Rentals
Park It! For Your Next Party or Meeting
Whether it’s a birthday party, shower, family reunion, company picnic or a meeting, one of our 13 fieldhouses, conveniently located at parks throughout the district, can be the perfect setting for your next event. These quaint, cabin-like brick or log structures may be rented whenever they are not being used for park district and/or partner programs. Fieldhouses are not air conditioned (except for Willow Park Fieldhouse). Click on the park name to see fieldhouse photos and park descriptions.
- Exclusive indoor restrooms
- Kitchen facilities (sink, oven, stove top, refrigerator, freezer and ample countertop/prep room)
- All-purpose room
- Tables and chairs to accommodate facility maximum capacity
- Fireplace (except Crowley Park)
- Outdoor charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal)
- Adjacent outdoor picnic tables
Available Rental Hours:
9 am to 9 pm, Mon.-Thurs.
10 am to 9:30 pm, Fri.-Sun., & available holidays
Fieldhouses are unavailable for rental Thanksgiving Day, 12/24, 12/15, 12/31, 1/1. Johns Park fieldhouse is unavailable 7/4.
- Currently accepting reservations thru Labor Day, 9/1/14
- Reservations for dates between 9/2/14-4/30/15 will be accepted for:
Recognized Organizations- 7/7 at 9am, Residents- 7/14 at 9am, Nonresidents 7/28 at 9am
- Flick Shelter is unavailable for rental November 1-March 31
- Only one event per fieldhouse per day is permitted
Rental Rates and Deposit:
The following rates are in effect for rental fees and security deposits. All fees may be paid with cash, personal check, Mastercard, Visa or Discover card. Personal checks will not be accepted less than 14 days before the rental date.
|*Weekdays & Off-
|M-F and weekends thru 5/23/14||$54/3 hours
|Sa, Su & Holidays 5/24/14 thru 9/1/14||$218/day||$436/day||$200|
To Reserve a Fieldhouse:
- Reservations must be made in person at Park Center’s front desk, 2400 Chestnut Ave. at least one week in advance of their desired rental date
- The security deposit and rental fee must be paid at the time the reservation is made
- Businesses/Organizations must provide authorized approval, on letterhead, at the time of booking. Please call for questions, 847-724-5670
- Fieldhouse keys may be picked up the day of the rental at Park Center’s front desk
Functions conducted in park district buildings must be in accordance with established rules and regulations which you will receive and sign at the time you pay your rental fee. Click here for a copy. Please be advised of the following:
- Renter may only access the fieldhouse during their reserved time
- There is a maximum group size limit for each fieldhouse and picnic area. Exceeding the limit is grounds for forfeiture of the deposit (see chart at top of page)
- Groups of 30 plus are required to rent a fieldhouse to picnic in a park
- Picnic permits are required for groups of 10 to 30 for parks without fieldhouses and must be obtained at Park Center, 2400 Chestnut Ave. The permits are free of charge. Available for West Fork Park and Swenson Park
- Alcohol, loud music, portable grills, smoke machines, sky laterns and P.A. Systems are not permitted in any park district park or fieldhouse
- Inflatables, moon walks, tents, laser tag, petting zoos, or exotic animal shows are prohibited
- All hired services must be approved prior to rental date including catering, entertainment, etc.
- Failure to comply with any rule will result in forfeiture of the security deposit
- Dogs on leash are permitted on paved pathways only in the following parks: Countryside, Cunliff, Diederich, Flick, Gallery, Hawthorne Glen, Indian Trial, Ladendorf, Rugen and Sleepy Hollow Parks and on the perimeter walkways at Roosevelt Park, Swenson Park, West Fork Park and Community Park West
- Renter must be present with permit throughout entire rental
Rental Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If cancellation is made with 30 days notice of the rental date, the full amount of the rental fee paid will be refunded less a 10% service charge (minimum $5, maximum $15) and the full deposit paid will also be refunded.
- If cancellation is made with less than 30 days notice, the Park District will retain the rental fee paid and refund the deposit paid; this includes reservations made less than 30 days from the rental date.