Outdoor Walking Paths
Take A Walk…
Walking has become this country’s most popular form of exercise. In Glenview we are fortunate to have a number of paths to help you to get out there and get going. The following parks have paved walking trails for your enjoyment. Click on park names shown in color to download a map of the trails at that park.:
- Community Park West, 1001 Zenith Drive, 1.48 miles
- Countryside Park, Countryside Lane, .3 miles
- Catherine W. Crowley Park, 749 Huber Lane, .5 miles
- Flick Park, 3600 Glenview Road, 1.5 miles
- Gallery Park, Chestnut Ave. & Patriot Blvd., 4.8 miles
- Ladendorf Park, 2541 Harrison Street, .2 miles
- Swenson Park, 901 Shermer Road, .5 miles
- West Fork Park, 1950 Westleigh Drive, 1.65 miles
- Willow Park, 2600 Greenwood Road, .7 miles
- Winkelman School, 1919 Landwehr Road, .4 miles
Dog Friendly Areas
Leashed dogs can be walked on paved pathways and parking lots at Cunliff, Diederich, Sleepy Hollow, Ladendorf, Rugen, Countryside Lane, Flick, Indian Trail, and Hawthorne Glen Parks and on the perimeter sidewalks (only) at Roosevelt Park, Swenson Park, West Fork Park and Community Park West. Dog walking is still prohibited on sports fields, playground areas, tennis courts, basketball courts, tot lots and all other park areas. Warning: The Glenview Police are authorized to enforce these regulations and a violation could result in a ticket.
In June 2009, the Glenview Park District opened its first dog park, Community Bark West, 1001 Zenith Drive. The dog park is open to residents and nonresidents who purchase a dog park membership. For more information, click here.
The Forest Preserve of Cook County provides a play area for unleashed dogs. Click here to visit their website for more information.
General Park Rules
- Park hours are from dawn to dusk, unless posted otherwise.
- Use of alcohol and drugs is not permitted
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited from pathways.
- Walk, run, skate and bike on the right
- Walk, run, skate or ride single file when path is in heavy use
- Warn others before passing path users
- Speed limit for bikers and skaters is 8 MPH. No speed training or racing permitted
- Bikes are required to have a reflector and light for evening use of the path.
- All path users are expected to wear light clothing and reflective gear after dark.
- Bikers and skaters must yield to walkers.
- Obey all posted signs.
Pathway Safety Tips
- Bikers and skaters should wear helmets and other protective gear.
- Be aware of the other users on the path and that individuals may be passing you.
- Be courteous of other users.