Skate on Over to Our Parks
The Glenview Park District has two facilities designed for use by in-line skaters and skateboarders:
Community Park West, 1001 Zenith Drive, Glenview, is a 15,000-square-foot facility with areas for both beginning and advanced level skaters featuring a variety of ramps, quarter pipes and a half pipe.
Swenson Park, 901 Shermer Road, Glenview, is a 7,000-square-foot facility geared for beginning level skaters. It features a variety of ramps as well as an in-line hockey rink.
Both of these parks were designed for skating only. Bicycles are not permitted to be used on the ramps.
Rules and Regulations
- Caution: Inline skating and skateboarding are high risk recreational activities with inherent risk of serious injury.
- Be courteous of other skaters and park users.
- The skate park area is unsupervised and participants skate at their own risk.
- It is highly recommended that helmets and other safety equipment such as elbow pads, kneepads, wrist guards, etc.be worn while utilizing the skate park.
- Skaters are responsible for inspecting equipment prior to use to ensure that it has not been vandalized and is safe for skating. Do not use equipment if broken or wet. Contact the Park District if equipment is damaged at 847-657-3215.
- Personally owned ramps, boxes or other devices are not allowed in the skate park.
- No glass objects and/or containers are allowed in the skate park.
- All trash must be disposed of in appropriate receptacles.
- No possession or use of illegal substances.
- No verbal harassment/bullying, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity or racial slurs.
- No gang activities (including display or possession of symbols, hand signals, soliciting membership, intimidating or threatening any individual, wearing or displaying colors or items of dress, etc.).