Historic Wagner Farm
|Address:||1510 Wagner Rd.
Glenview, IL 60026
|Heritage Center &
|M-Sa: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Su: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Heritage Center will be closed on Friday, Feb. 24.
Grounds are open for regular hours.
Where History Meets Education
Step back in time to farm life from decades past.
- Learn about the farm’s livestock
- Attend seasonal special events
- Discover the many crops grown on the farm
- Explore the many interactive exhibits in the farm’s Heritage Center
- Learn about where the food we eat comes from
Our 18.6 acre Historic Wagner Farm is one of the last working dairy farms in Cook County and is open to the public for recreation and learning. The farm provides a unique opportunity for families to learn about our farming heritage and experience first-hand “the way things used to be.”
In addition to the cows in the pasture, Historic Wagner Farm has chickens, draft horses, and pigs as well as a restored farmhouse and barn and the award-winning Historic Wagner Farm Heritage Center. The Heritage Center contains interactive exhibits where you can learn about farming from the early 20th century through the present, “shop through history” at our 1930’s Grocery Store or purchase a souvenir of your visit from our Museum Store.
If your kids think that milk comes in a carton, corn comes in a can and chicken comes in a cellophane wrapped package, it’s time for a visit to the HistoricWagner Farm.
Interactive Silo Exhibit
Always wondered what’s inside those silos you see on farms and what they’re for? Learn all about it at the Historic Wagner Farm’s new interactive and educational silo exhibit inside the Heritage Center. You can:
- Step inside an actual two-story silo
- Turn the crank of a silage machine and watch “corn plants” delivered to the top
- Learn about the history of silos and silage through informative photos and displays
- Build your own miniature silos of wood, brick and metal using customized building blocks
In development for two years, the exhibit was made possible when farm staff rescued a two-story silo artifact that was was being decommissioned from the Sauder Village Museum in Archbold, Ohio.
The silo exhibit is open Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Historic Wagner Farm Team
(click on team member names to email)