Friends of Wagner Farm
Who We Are
Friends of Wagner Farm is the official citizen support group of Historic Wagner Farm, one of the last remaining farms in suburban Cook County, Illinois which is owned and operated as a recreational and educational facility by the Glenview Park District. This organization was founded in 2003 by a group of supporters and volunteers for the primary purpose of raising funds for the construction of the Historic Wagner Farm Heritage Center, a museum and educational center, and for subsequent worthwhile projects that might otherwise be beyond the means of the park district to fund.
What We Do
- 65% of construction costs for Historic Wagner Farm Heritage Center
- A matching funds program allowing LINK food assistance program clients to double the value of their LINK dollars used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the Glenview Farmers Market
- Funding of the Historic Wagner Farm Heritage Center Silo Exhibit
- Purchase of the Historic Wagner Farm Outreach Trailer which allows farm staff to take animals and equipment “on the road” to schools that can’t afford to bring students on field trips to the farm
- Establishment of scholarships to cover costs of bringing students from schools with limited resources for farm visits
- Funding of the irrigation and farmhouse landscaping addition
- Funding for the farmhouse alarm system
How You Can Help:
In Spring 2014, Friends of Wagner Farm hosted the first annual Northshore Baconfest. This festive evening lets attendees sample unique and unusual food items prepared with bacon. More importantly, it is your opportunity to support the great programs and activities at Historic Wagner Farm.
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
Friends of Wagner Farm is a 501 (c) 3 organization which raises money to support park district programs and facilities. All direct donations to the Friends of Wagner Farm are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. To support the farm financially, send your tax deductible contribution to: Friends of Wagner Farm, 1510 Wagner Road, Glenview, IL 60025.
Become a member of the Friends of Wagner Farm. Members receive periodic updates on Friends of Wagner Farm projects and activities, are invited to attend and provide input at FWF board meetings and volunteer at fundraising events. Membership dues also help support farm programs. Available levels of annual membership are:
- Individual – $15
- Family – $25
- Contributing – $100
- Sustaining – $250
- Patron – $500
If you would like to join us, click here to print out a membership form and mail it to Friends of Wagner Farm, 1510 Wagner Road, Glenview, IL 60025. We welcome you to join us in supporting this unique historic treasure in our community.