Discover the Rewards of Volunteering at the Glenview Park District
Glenview Park District
|Address:|| 1930 Prairie St.
Glenview, IL 60025
If you have some time to give and are looking for a way to make a difference in the world around you, consider volunteering at the Glenview Park District. Volunteers are critical to the success of many park district programs, facilities and special events. Volunteer opportunities at the park district include:
Coaching Youth Sports
If you enjoy sports and working with young people and have a few hours available each week, become a volunteer coach for one of the Glenview Park District’s Youth Sports Leagues! Leagues and seasons include:
- Flag Football (Grades 2-5 – fall)
- Volleyball (Grades 5-8 – fall)
- Jump Shots Basketball (Grades 1-2 – winter)
- Grade School Basketball (Grades 3-5 – winter)
- Middle School Basketball (Grades 6-8 – winter)
- Girl’s Spring Softball (Grades 3-8 – spring)
- Girl’s Instructional Softball (Grades 1-2 – spring)
To learn more about volunteer coaching, call Jill Bruns at 224-521-2560. To fill out an application to become a volunteer coach, click here.
The Grove relies on the work of its volunteers to ensure a fun and educational visit for guests of all ages. You can share your love of history and nature in a rewarding environment by becoming a member of The Grove team. Please note: Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult for all training and service. Long-and short-term opportunities are available in a variety of areas such as:
- Program support
- Animal Care support
- Gift shop clerk
- Special events support
- Environmental Restoration
To apply, complete the online application HERE or fill one out on your next visit to The Grove’s Interpretive Center. For more information, contact Ashley DeAngeles, at 847-299-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historic Wagner Farm
Find your inner farmer at Historic Wagner Farm! Volunteers join the farm team by:
- Greeting visitors
- Farming in the garden and fields
- Helping out at the farmers’ market
- Giving tours of our historic farm house
- Volunteering at one of our popular special events
- Animal care and farm maintenance
- And much, much more!
Join up with our fabulous volunteers and take part in preserving our rural heritage. Volunteer individually or with your group, business or organization. For more information, call 847-657-1506, email email@example.com. Learn more here.
Air Station Prairie
The Kent Fuller Air Station Prairie is dedicated to educating visitors about native prairie life as well as sustainability. Volunteers are a vital part to keeping the prairie healthy. Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Natural area restoration
- Program support
- Special Event support
Please note: Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. To apply, contact Judy Ksiazek, at 847-299-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a single day commitment at one of these family-oriented events.
- Princess Ball (February) To volunteer, call Andrea Juricic at 224-521-2541
- 3v3 Soccer Tournament (June)To volunteer, call Joe Pollina at 224-521-2552
- Park Center Triathlon (July) To volunteer, call Kathleen McInnis at 224-521-2596
- Halloween Spooktacular (October) To volunteer, call Andrea Juricic at 224-521-2541
- Corn Harvest Festival (October) To volunteer, call Christine Shiel at 224-521-2202
For all general inquiries and/or to be matched up with an available volunteer opportunity, contact Alison Reicher at 224-521-2268 or email@example.com. With certain exceptions (such as those volunteering for a single day event), prospective park district volunteers will be required to fill out an online application as well as successful complete a criminal background check. Volunteering allows you to use your special skills, interact with people of all ages, make new friends, enjoy new experiences and give something back to your community. Make your life better by volunteering today.