Schram Memorial Chapel
|Address:||1799 Patriot Blvd. Glenview, IL 60026|
Click here for a virtual tour of the chapel interior.
Fill out a Wedding Details form so we can best assist you!
Your Place in History
Host your next event in this one of a kind chapel! One of 47 NAS chapels built across the USA, Schram Memorial Chapel is the only one still operating. Originally built at the Glenview Naval Air Station during World War II and named after Captain Richard A. Schram, a renowned Navy flier, this historic non-denominational chapel served as a house of worship for thousands of servicemen and women passing through this military base. After the Naval Air Station closed, the building was moved from its original location and painstakingly restored by the Village of Glenview and Kimball Hill Builders. Now owned by the Glenview Park District, it is available for rental by groups, individuals and organizations.
Perfect For Every Occasion
Couples of all faiths are welcome to marry at the chapel. The large stage/ altar can accommodate a wedding party of any size. Dressing rooms for the groom and bride are available.
It’s a fitting place for special ceremonies like Bar/ Bat Mitzvah, Eagle Court of Honor, baptism/ christening or a memorial service.
The chapel’s size, amenities and location make it a great place for music recitals, meetings, training and presentations.
Availability & Rates
Schram Memorial Chapel is available all year round, for day/ evening, weekday and weekend events.
Ceremony Package- perfect for weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, baptism/christenings and memorial services.
- May be booked up to two years in advance of the event date.
- Includes four and a half hours of rental time.
- Wedding- one and a half hours for the rehearsal and three hours for the ceremony. The dates and times are the renter’s choice as long as they are available.
- All other ceremony rentals may use the time all on one day.
- 15% discount when another Glenview Park District reception site is booked.
- The 3-hour ceremony package is $675 plus a refundable $300 security/damage deposit: $975 total and includes an additional complimentary hour-and-a-half rehearsal.
- Two hour minimum rental required
- Typical hourly rentals are recitals, meetings, training etc.
- Contact registration for reservation schedule
Hourly Rental Rates
Main chapel: pew seating for up to 150 Upper level room: 40 auditorium-style seating, 30 banquet-style seating Lower level: 140 auditorium-style seating, 90 banquet-style seating
Amenities Included in All Rentals
- Central heat & air conditioning
- Built-in sound system
- Three wireless hand-held microphones & one lapel microphone
- Electric piano, organ and CD & Mp3 player
- Ceiling fans
- Unique four-sided altar
- Ample lighting options
- Raised altar/stage area
- Eight stained glass windows depicting historic motifs
For information on other Glenview Park District wedding and meeting venues, click here.