Grove Heritage Association
Glenview Park District and the Grove Heritage Association won a Partnership Award at the
Illinois Association of Park District’s 2016 Best of the Best Awards Gala.
Who We Are:
This past year, the Grove Heritage Association continued to make The Grove a wonderful asset to the community. Through exciting programs, we brought new supporters to The Grove and introduced them to the many gifts The Grove has to offer. Through GHA’s tradition of “restoring the past… preserving the future,” The Grove will continue to thrive and support the community for many years to come.
What We Do:
Here are some of the Grove Heritage Association’s accomplishments:
- Grove Arrival Day was celebrated to honor the Kennicotts’ arrival in West Northfield (now known as Glenview).
- Dr. John Albert Kennicott was inducted into the Agricultural Hall of Fame.
- An Historic Marker was installed in front of the Archives Building to honor Dr. Kennicott’s induction.
- William Henry (Willy) Teunisson’s original headstone and Confederate flag from Monticello, Mississippi was attained for the Archives. Willy was the youngest son of John Teunisson and Mary Ann Kennicott Teunisson, Dr. John Kennicott’s sister.
- The Christmas in the Woods program, which offered clients of the Northfield Food Pantry (children and adults) the experience of Christmas at The Grove, was held.
- Construction of the Archives Building addition completed.
How You Can Help:
Attend and support one or more of the following exciting events at The Grove:
- Plant Sale – May
- Farm-to-Table Charity Dinner – September
- Grove Folk Fest – October
- Arts and Craft Faire – November
- Holiday Store – December
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
The Grove Heritage Association is a 501 (c) 3 organization which raises money to support The Grove programs and facilities. All direct donations to The Grove Heritage Association are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. To support The Grove financially, send your tax-deductible contribution to: Grove Heritage Association, P. O. Box 484, Glenview, IL 60025.
Become a member of The Grove Heritage Association. In addition to being part of GHA’s mission, you will receive 10% off purchases in The Grove Store (upon presentation of card), an invitation to GHA’s annual meeting and volunteer appreciation night, a subscription to the Rustlings newsletter, and two adult admissions to both Grove Fest and The Grove Arts and Crafts Faire.
Available levels of annual membership are:
- Acorn (Individual) – $25
- Red Oak (Family) – $40
- White Oak (Supporting) – $100
- Silver Maple (Steward) – $250
- Black Walnut (Sustaining) – $500
- Life Member — $1,000
If you would like to join us, click here to print out a membership form and mail it to the
Grove Heritage Association, P. O. Box 484, Glenview, IL 60025.
For more information about the Grove Heritage Association, please call The Grove at 847-299-6096 or send an email to Info@groveheritageassociation.org.
We welcome you to join us in supporting this unique historic treasure in our community.